LanguagesMarch 22, 2022 2022-08-26 13:47
Atlas-ASM’s official language is English. To be admitted in Grade 1 and onwards, it is necessary to have a certain knowledge of this language.
In addition, the school gives great importance to the knowledge of other languages, as personal cultural enrichment and an extremely important tool for future professional development in a globalized world.
The Spanish Language Program
During compulsory education years, (Grade 1 a Grade 10), the school complies with Spanish regulations, by which all students must take a compulsory number of hours in Spanish Language and Culture. In other grades (11 & 12), where this subject is not compulsory, Atlas also offers the possibility of studying Spanish.
- In Pre-School, in K3 (5 years old), Spanish is taught 5 hours per week.
- In elementary school (G1 to G6), Spanish Language and Culture is taught 6 hours per week.
- In Grades G7 to G10, 7 hours per week are taught (including Spanish Language and History).
- In Grades G11 and G12 (equivalent to 1º & 2º Bachillerato), Spanish Language electives are offered. This offer includes the possibility of taking the AP Course in Spanish Language and Culture (for more information about AP courses: https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/)
- In grade 12, we also offer courses in Spanish to prepare for the PEC-UNED exam, for those students who wish to apply to Public Universities in Spain. More info at https://unedasiss.uned.es/home
French Language Program
Atlas-ASM offers an intensive French program starting in Grade 3.
- In Grades 3 and 4, it is offered as a compulsory course of 2 hours per week.
- In Grades 5 and 6, it is offered as a compulsory course of 3 hours per week.
- In Grades 7 and 8, it is offered as a compulsory course of 5 hours per week.
- In Grades 9 and 10, it is offered as an elective subject of 5 hours per week.
- In Grades 11 and 12, it is offered as an elective subject of 5 hours per week, choosing between French Literature or AP French Language and Culture (for more information about AP courses: https://apstudents.